I’m Fiacre O’Duinn, a librarian living in Ontario, Canada. My interests include hacker/maker culture, digital justice, ux design and emerging technologies and I’ve presented on these topics at conferences in the United States and Canada.
- HOPE 9, New York City (July 2012). DARPA Funding for Hackers, Hackerspaces, and Education: A Good Thing? Panel discussion with Mitch Altman, Jeff Sturges, Psytek, Willow Brugh, and Matt Joyce.
- InformOntario Education & Networking Symposium: Partnerships & Connections, Oakville (June 2012) Getting Past the Fear….Taking Your Message to Your Clients and Stakeholders through Social Media.
- Digital Odyssey, Toronto (June 2012). Inside the Black Box: Hacker culture, librarians and hardware.
- ABQLA Annual Conference, Montreal (May 2012). Information Decoration: Mobile Augmented Reality and Libraries
- Art Libraries Society of North America Annual Conference, Toronto (April 2012). Thought Leadership in Librarianship: A Necessary Discussion co-presentation with Shelley Archibald as part of the Provoking Change: Creativity, Leadership, and Planning for the Future panel.
- Computers in Libraries, Washington DC (March 2012). Tinkerers: Maker Culture & Libraries.
- Ontario Library Association Superconference, Toronto (February, 2012). Meet your makers: Maker Culture & Libraries.
- Burlington Public Library Staff Day, Burlington (November, 2011). TEDxLibrariansTO and Thought Leadership.
- Toronto Cyborg Camp, Toronto (September, 2011) Panel on Libraries and Hackerspaces.
- ST Spring Conference, Toronto Public Library, Toronto (June, 2011). Information Decoration: Mobile Augmented Reality and Libraries.
- Ontario Library Association Superconference, Toronto (February, 2011). New Realities: Mobile Augmented Reality and Libraries.
- Brock University Open Access Week, St. Catherines (October 2010). Hackers, Makers and the Future of Open Access (Seminar).
- Digital Odyssey, Toronto (June 2010). Augmented reality (Thunder session).
- Hamilton Public Library Staff Day, Hamilton (June 2010). Develop your social media kung fu.
- Computers in Libraries, Washington DC (April 2010). Intersecting real and virtual worlds (Cybertour)
- Ontario Library Association Superconference, Toronto (February 2010). Touch me! Multi-touch screens and more!
- “Science by the People: Public Librarians Meet Citizen Scientists.” Feliciter 60 (2014): 14-15. Canadian Library Association
- “Inside the Black Box: Hardware & Social Justice”. Access (the official magazine of the Ontario Library Association). Vol. 18, No. 3, Summer 2012. p. 16.
- “Facing (Augmented) Reality”. Access (the official magazine of the Ontario Library Association). Vol. 17, No. 1, Winter 2011. p.12-13.